Thursday, July 12, 2012


Leo
I the mighty lioness supreme
And who’d ever dare to dream
Life being with dangers fraught
Cross my stately path and not
Pledge their humble obeisance?
The blazing sun is high in the sky
See all the clouds go scuttling by
On earth, the Queen of the jungle
All  mortals ever so scared to mingle
Wait for her to let her hair down
And start to play the fool or clown
At which sport participation is free
A leo can be as fun as fun can be
I love to prance about and dance
To rollick and to frolic perchance
Tired of being the ideal queen
Weary of wearing the royal sheen
Of my golden flaming crown
How I wish I could put down
My great sleepy head and doze
Untroubled and without a pose
Be my cheerful fun-loving self
With gracious power and pelf
Be even-handed and very fair
Get rid of cruel and nasty snare
Ensure all creatures big and small
Live in peace in my splendid thrall




2 comments:

  1. A lionsized hug coming your way. Try the poetry forum on linda-goodman.com. This seems such a lovely summation of the leonine type. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good. I could actually picture you waiting for all your subjects (admirers, :P) to be contented before dozing off into your half closed eyelid 'tandra bhaav'. :D

    ReplyDelete